When a fracture occurred at the wastewater station in Gentbrugge, Aquafin contacted AVK Belgium for immediate delivery of an AVK Supa Maxi™ flange adaptor. It quickly solved the problem and thus avoided an environmental incident.
During the winter, a fracture occurred at a wastewater station in Gentbrugge close to where the discharge pipes leave the pumping station. Thomas Eeman, expert structural repairs at Aquafin, was able to temporarily solve the problem so that it caused as little discomfort as possible for everyone in the area. Eeman then contacted AVK Belgium for a permanent solution.
Environmental incident avoided
AVK Belgium offered a Supa Maxi™ flange adaptor as a unique solution for the leak. A DN600 Supa Maxi™ adaptor was delivered from AVK International headquarters in Denmark within only one day.
"We have been able to solve the problem within a short period of time and thus avoided an environmental incident" - Thomas Eeman
About the project
Capacity - station: 2268 m³/h
Building year - station: 2004
Main line diameter: DN600
AVK Supa Maxi™ flange adaptor
- Pressure class PN16
- Two different grip segments offer tensile resistance on all pipe materials
- Drinking water approved rubber and coating
- Enable +/- 4° angular deflection
- No re-tightening of bolts needed due to the all-metal design
- Permanent protection caps protect during handling and installation