Knife gate valves are especially useful in wastewater applications
Knife gate valves are designed to work in some of the harshest environments and mainly for on-off and isolation services in systems with high content of suspended solids. They are especially beneficial for handling slurry in addition to viscous, corrosive and abrasive media and are therefore often used in wastewater and biogas applications as they are designed with a sharpened blade to cut through heavy liquids.
Knife gate valves with high quality materials and excellent design features
They are full bore valves permitting easy passage of liquid of whatever viscosity and there are no body cavities below the gate where the medium can collect. The valves are self-cleaning as particles will be pushed off the gate when opening the valve, and gate scrapers and deflector cones can be provided for particulate or abrasive media for extra protection of the packing gland. Also, the top packing gland is replaceable which enables replacement of the sealing without disassembly of the valve.
The design of our knife gate valves is simple and allows easy maintenance and cost effective installation. The valves are bi-directional and allow installation without any restrictions as to the direction of the flow. A protected sealing, high quality materials and a full, plain bore lead to a great performance and a long service life.
Our knife gate valves are as standard with body of ductile iron and seat of NBR, and optionally of other materials such as body of stainless steel and seat of FKM, PTFE, EPDM, natural rubber or polyurethane depending on the service medium and the temperature at operation (NBR max. 80˚ C, PTFE max. 220˚ C, FKM max. 260˚ C). The valves are coated with fusion bonded epoxy for optimal protection.
- ATEX approved (94/9/94EC)
- Full bore and plain bottom
- U-shaped reinforced NBR sealing
- Gate supports integrated in the body
- Slim design and low weight
- Scraper as optional extra
- Encaged stem with yokes prepared for inductive censors and micro switches
- Stem/gate connection with self-locking nuts
- Replaceable top packing gland
- Washers under the secondary bolts protect the coating
AVK knife gate valve range
- GGG-40 body, AISI 316 gate, stem and bolts/nuts, NBR sealing (optionally other materials)
- PN10 (optionally up to PN100)
- DN50-1200 (optionally larger sizes)
- Standard variants:
- non-rising stem and handwheel
- rising stem and handwheel
- lever (up to DN200)
- pneumatic actuator (up to DN1000)
- ISO top flange
- Linear actuator
- Square cap
- AUMA electrical actuator