Tensile on all pipe materials
Optimum grip and tensile abilities on all pipe materials are secured by means of two different metal grip segments - gunmetal for PE and PVC pipes and hardened stainless steel for cast iron, ductile iron, steel, stainless steel, GRP, and AC pipes. The grip segments are mounted with pins on the bracket segments to provide maximum durability. The high quality materials safeguard that the sealing does not loose compression over time, and that the coupling stays tensile.
Couplings designed according to EN 14525
All AVK Supa Maxi™ couplings are designed according to PN16 test requirements, meaning that the maximum test pressure is 1.5 x PN = 24 bar. Couplings in DN50-300 have an EN 14525 KIWA approval according to PN16, meaning that the approval test pressure for the DN50-300 range is 1.5 x 16 + 5 = 29 bar with full deflection. For the range DN350-600 the pending KIWA approval is according to EN 14525 PN10, meaning that the approval test pressure for the DN350-600 range is 1.5 x 10 + 5 = 20 bar with full deflection. Read more here.
Reduce time spent on installation with Supa Maxi™ couplings
The couplings enable ±4° deflection on each side (in total 8°) up to a maximum pressure of PN16. The large insertion depth tolerances allow the pipe to be cut slightly angled. This gives a simple installation without need for precise adjustment. All couplings with a weight exceeding 10 kilos are designed with a lifting eye on the sleeve enabling easy and ergonomically safe handling.
The gate valve provides extra safety when repairing old pipes. With a built-in gate valve it is easy to shut-off the water in case of further repair or replacement of the pipeline at a later stage.
Optimised bolt design
The bolt design is optimised for fast and simple assembly. The number of bolts is kept to an absolute minimum, and they are all standard bolts enabling use of standard tools. The bolts and nuts are anti-friction coated to prevent galling. The bolts are tightened from the sleeve side to ease assembly when space in the trench is limited, and the threads are protected by the permanent protection cap. The nuts are encaptured in the bracket and covered by a protection cap to ensure that they will not fall off when loosening the bolts. Re-tightening of bolts is not necessary due to the all metal SupaGrip™ sealing support system.
Permanent protection cap
During handling the centre piece of the protection cap covers the sharp grip segments and prevents dirt from settling inside the coupling. When the centre piece is removed the coupling is ready for installation.
Couplings in high quality materials
- The couplings are designed with sleeves of ductile iron and brackets of cast steel with epoxy coating in compliance with DIN 3476 part 1 and EN 14901, GSK approved.
- The gaskets of EPDM rubber are approved by NF and DVGW for drinking water applications and the gaskets of NBR rubber are approved by DVGW and Gastec.
- The bolts and washers are of stainless steel A2 as standard and optionally of A4. The nuts are of acid-resistant stainless steel A4.
- The grip segments are of RG5 bronze and hardened stainless steel, mounted with pins of polyamide.
- The permanent protection caps of recyclable PE are black for water and wastewater applications and yellow for gas applications.