AVK butterfly valves for fire protection with grooved ends according to ANSI/AWWA C606, IPS-size, are designed according to UL 1091 and FM class 1112. The valves are rated to 21 bar/300 PSI and are available in DN65-DN200.
They are mounted with worm gear for low operating torque, and they go from fully closed to fully open position with only 10 handwheel turns. The worm gear is fitted with both local mechanical position indicator and remote electrical position indicator with two separate micro switches.
The ductile iron disc is fully vulcanized with AVK’s own EPDM rubber with worldwide approvals, and all exterior surfaces are protected with fusion bonded epoxy.
Grooved end butterfly valves are fixed to the pipes by means of standard clamping couplings. The grooved end clamping system is widely used for indoor fire protection installations since it is a fast and efficient way of joining pipes due to its high degree of flexibility. Furthermore, it absorbs vibrations and noise transmission through the system.
See datasheet 815/40-001 for more product details and check out our animation explaining the features and benefits.
Main features of AVK grooved end butterfly valves
- UL/ULC listed and FM approved for use in fire protection systems
- Worm gear for low operating torque
- Quick operation - fully closed to fully open in only 10 turns
- Local and remote position indication
- Body and disc in ductile cast iron
- Disc completely encapsulated in drinking water approved EPDM rubber
- Stainless steel shaft with O-ring shaft seal
- Fusion bonded epoxy coating