It is a pleasure to announce that we are now certified to the Energy Management System standard ISO 50001:2018. Our processes were carefully audited by DNV (Det Norske Veritas) during a 5-day certification process in March this year, when we also achieved re-certifications of our four other ISO certificates.
The ISO 50001 standard specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system to enable organizations to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of their energy performance. It provides a framework of requirements to:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Measure the results
- Review how well the policy works, and
- Continually improve energy management
This winter, we managed to reduce our overall gas consumption for heating by approx. 40% by installing electrical heat pumps in one of our production sites as well as by general savings initiatives. Although the installation of electrical heat pumps resulted in an increase in electricity consumption for heating, we still managed to reduce our total consumption for heating by more than 110,000 kWh.
In addition, we produced more than 141,000 kWh of green electricity via solar panels on our roofs in Skovby.
We care for quality, safety and the environment, and we at AVK International are proud to have obtained several certifications:
- ISO 9001 – Quality management
- ISO 29001 – Quality management in the oil & gas industry
- ISO 14001 – Environmental management
- ISO 45001 – Occupational health and safety management
- ISO 50001 – Energy management