The AVK repair clamp has a rigid and light-weight flexible construction which is an ideal, simple and solid solution used to repair water and gas pipes made of steel, copper, asbestos cements, cast iron and synthetic materials. The pipe repair clamp can be used for permanent repair on pipes placed both above and below ground.
How does the repair clamp work?
Basically, the clamp is a pre-rolled plate of stainless steel with a rubber lining, and is fastened with welded bolts and nuts. The tensile force applied by the clamp fasteners is converted to a radial pressure on the rubber lining and ensures a safe sealing.
When can you use a repair clamp?
Pipe leak repair clamps can be used in many different situations on gas or water pipes, where you have a leak and therefore a need for instant repair:
- Holes in asbestos cement, steel or cast-iron pipes
- Breaks in asbestos cement and cast-iron pipes
- Cracks in asbestos cement, steel, cast iron or PVC pipes
- Damage caused by service crane or breaking-off branching sections
- Corrosion leaks
Stainless steel repair clamps with a seal of quality
The repair clamps are made of stainless steel AISI 304 or AISI 316. After welding the stainless steel is completely passivated to guarantee optimum corrosion resistance. An essential part of the repair clamp is its rubber lining. It protects the inside edge of the band and permits repairing small holes caused by corrosion or frost. The rubber lining has a waffled structure and rounded tops to create a fully circumferential seal when clamped.
The lining is made of EPDM for water applications and NBR for gas and wastewater applications:
- EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) according to EN 681-1, WRAS & W270 approved, is highly suitable for water, hot water, steam, oxidising fluids and acids. Temperature range from -40ºC to +120ºC.
- NBR (nitrile rubber) according to EN 682 is especially suitable for gas, oil, water, animal and vegetable oil. Temperature range from -40ºC to +100ºC
Main features and benefits of AVK repair clamps
- Made entirely of stainless steel, therefore no risk of corrosion
- Clamps completely passivated after welding operations to guarantee optimum corrosion resistance
- Extremely light-weight, therefore easy to handle
- Easy assembly with handgrip (optionally)
- No sharp edges or angles
- No loose parts that can be lost during assembly
- No problem with non-round pipes
- Teflon coating on threads for smooth operation and to avoid galling
- Rubber lining vulcanised onto the spanner plate
- Clamps available in any lengths and diameters
- Threaded branching ranging from ½” to 4”
- Flange connections ranging from DN50 to DN500